1. Cover: General influences currently affecting the subject and the situation in question.
2. Cross: Obstacles which may be confronting the subject.
3. Crown: The subject's goal in the situation under question - the best that can be achieved under present circumstances.
4. Beneath: The foundation or basis of the matter, factors which have been affecting the situation.
5. Behind: An influence which has recently passed, or is passing from the situation.
6. Before: An influence which is beginning to affect the situation, or will soon do so.
7. Self: The subject's present position or attitude in relation to the situation.
8. House: Influences arising from the subject's close friends, family and other people important to the subject.
9. Hopes and Fears: Fairly self-explanatory!
10. Outcome: This is the most important card in the layout. It indicates a final result - "the future", if you will. If it is a Court card, it often represents an actual person.
Cards which appear upside-down are known as "reversed", and usually the meaning is significantly altered, even opposite to the upright meaning.
Go to Readings.